|Birthname||Betty Lee Newling|
|born on||2 August 1922 at 09:52 (= 09:52 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°37' 11°48 Asc. 08°40'|
American socialite, philanthropist, and fashion icon who frequently appeared on the International Best Dressed List after 1970, and in 2009 was named in the list's Hall of Fame.
Formerly married to entrepreneur Alfred Bloomingdale and in the same social circle as the Reagans, a friend of Nancy, she was widowed when Bloomingdale died of cancer on 23 August 1982. Shortly before that time, her husband's mistress, Vicki Morgan, instigated a palimony suit that became grist for the media.
After her husband's death, Betsy cut off Morgan's monthly payments. In response, Morgan started an $11 million palimony suit which, ironically, was settled for $200,000 in December 1986, three and a half years after Morgan's death.
Bloomingdale published a book, Entertaining With Betsy Bloomingdale: A Collection of Culinary Tips and Treasures From the World’s Best Hosts and Hostesses, in 1994. She died on 19 July 2016 at her home in Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, from complications from a heart condition. She was 93.
- friend relationship with Reagan, Nancy (born 6 July 1921)
- friend relationship with Reagan, Ronald (born 6 February 1911)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Morgan, Vicki (born 9 August 1952)
- Financial : Lose significant money December 1986 (Husband's palimony suit settled)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
Previously this entry had same data rated A (Dana Haynes quotes her).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack (Fatal)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Alfred Bloomingdale)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Husband had affair with Vicki Morgan)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Husband died of cancer)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Money Through Marriage
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (High society, in public eye)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Lawsuit sued (Palimony suit against husband, settled after his death)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart condition)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 93)
- Notable : Famous : Socialite