|Birthname||Bobby Dan Davis Blocker|
|born on||10 December 1928 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||De Kalb, Texas, 33n31, 94w37|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°15' 00°15 Asc. 14°43'|
American television actor and Korean War veteran, best remembered for his role as Eric 'Hoss' Cartwright in the long-running NBC western television series "Bonanza." The 6-foot-4, 320-pound Blocker played the role from 1959 until his death on 13 May 1972 in Los Angeles at age 43. He died of a pulmonary embolism following gall bladder surgery.
The producers of "Bonanza" felt nobody else could continue the role of Hoss. It was the first time a TV show's producers chose to kill off a major male character. Not until the 1988 TV movie "Bonanza: The Next Generation" was it explained that Hoss had drowned attempting to save a woman's life.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Bonanza (born 12 September 1959). Notes: Played Eric 'Hoss' Cartwright / Big Jack Slade, 1959-1972
- associate relationship with Greene, Lorne (born 12 February 1915). Notes: Co-star on "Bonanza," played his character's father
- associate relationship with Landon, Michael (born 31 October 1936). Notes: Co-star on "Bonanza," played his character's younger brother
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate .
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Gall bladder)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Bonanza")
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors (Purple Heart for wounds in combat)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Infantry sergeant)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded