|born on||22 August 1925 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Plaistow, England, 51n32, 0e03|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||28°34' 28°24 Asc. 28°26'|
English actress, widely known for the roles of Cathy Gale in TV series The Avengers (1962–1964), Bond girl Pussy Galore in Goldfinger (1964), Julia Daggett in Shalako (1968) and Hera in Jason and the Argonauts (1963). She is also known for her role as Laura West in the ITV sitcom The Upper Hand (1990–1996).
Blackman's recording with The Avengers co-star Patrick Macnee of the song "Kinky Boots" (1964), referring to the boots she wore in the show, was a surprise hit. After her appearance in Goldfinger, she recorded a full album of songs, Everything I've Got. In 1966 she published a book, Honor Blackman's Book of Self-defense.
She had a nervous breakdown in 1955 at age 29 after the collapse of her eight-year first marriage to Bill Sankey, she spent three weeks at a mental hospital followed by four years of psychiatric treatment. After their divorce, she was married to British actor Maurice Kaufmann from 1961 to 1975. They appeared together in the slasher film Fright (1971) and some stage productions. They adopted two children, Lottie (1967) and Barnaby (1968).
Her father died in 1971, and she published a book in January 1997 on keeping youthful, How to Look & Feel Half Your Age: For the Rest of Your Life.
Blackman died at her home in Lewes, East Sussex, on 5 April 2020, aged 94, from natural causes.
- associate relationship with Connery, Sean (born 25 August 1930). Notes: Co-stars in 1964 film "Goldfinger"
- associate relationship with Entertainment: The Avengers (born 7 January 1961). Notes: Played Cathy Gale, 1962-1964
- associate relationship with Macnee, Patrick (born 6 February 1922). Notes: Co-stars on TV series "The Avengers," 1962-1964
- Mental Health : Psychotic episode 1955 (Nervous breakdown)
- Death of Father 1971
- Relationship : Marriage 1975 (Third marriage, 13 days)
Frank C. Clifford quotes her for data except for year (Year confirmed at Registry), British Entertainers, 1997.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 5 ft 11 in/ 1.80 m)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (Psychiatric treatment)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Institutionalized (Three weeks)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Second marriage, thirteen days)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two adopted)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol ("Pussy Galore")
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Avengers")
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Liberal Democrats)
- Vocation : Writers : How To .... (Stay youthful)