|Birthname||Wilfred Bailey Bixby|
|born on||22 January 1934 at 23:20 (= 11:20 PM )|
|Place||San Francisco, California, 37n47, 122w25|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°37' 11°56 Asc. 15°54'|
American actor who charmed two generations of viewers in five TV series that included "My Favorite Martian," 1963, "The Courtship of Eddie's Father," and "The Incredible Hulk," In the '90s, he successfully took the other side of the camera, directing the hit sitcom "Blossom."
Off screen, his script has not been as fortunate. He was married to actress Brenda Benet in 1969 for ten years; in 1981 their six-year-old son Christopher, whom he adored, died suddenly of a rare respiratory ailment while waiting treatment in an emergency clinic. Bixby went into a devastating six-month depression, moving to the beach and sitting inside the house for four months before even walking on the sand. A year after their son's death, Benet shot herself to death.
Immersing himself in work, Bixby took up golf and gradually began dating again. He remarried, former secretary Laura Michael, in January 1991. A few weeks later he began having pains in his right hip. Tests confirmed prostate cancer and he immediately had his prostate removed by the end of January. As prostate removal sometimes causes loss of sexual potency, Bixby had additional surgery that restored his sexual abilities, but not his fertility. Michael filed for divorce in June 1992, about the same time that he learned that his cancer had returned.
Bixby grasped another chance at happiness, finding a new relationship with Judith Kliban. In 1993, struggling with medications and treatments and seeing the end approaching, they married on 10/03/1993. Bixby died a month later, 11/21/1993, Studio City, CA.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: My Favorite Martian (born 29 September 1963). Notes: Played Tim O'Hara, 1963-1966
- compare to chart of Ferrigno, Lou (born 9 November 1951). Notes: Co-stars on "The Incredible Hulk"
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1963 (Appearance in TV series, My Favorite Martian)
- Relationship : Marriage 1969 (First marriage, Brenda Benet)
- Death of Child 1981 (Son Christopher died suddenly of resp. illness)
- Death of Mate 1982 (First wife killed herself)
- Health : Medical procedure January 1991 (Diagnosis and removal of prostate cancer)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Prostate, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (After son's death)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Less than two months before death)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (First wife killed herself)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son died unexpectedly of resp. illness)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV primarily)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (My Favorite Martian, The Incredible Hulk, five series')
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (TV hit, Blossom)