Beth de Oxum
|Birthname||Maria Elizabeth Santiago de Oliveira|
|born on||12 March 1964 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Olinda (Pernambuco), Brazil, 8s0032, 34w5119|
|Timezone||BZT h3w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°49' 29°57 Asc. 00°11'|
Brazilian ialorixá (priestess of Umbanda, Candomblé and Quimbanda, the Afro-Brazilian religions) and a percussionist who received the Order of Cultural Merit in 2015.
In Olinda, she founded Afoxé Filho de Oxum, one of the first music groups to include women in percussion, and for 15 years she was president of Afoxé Alafin Oyó, active in the fight against religious prejudice. As a percussionist, she played in the bands Lia de Itamaracá and Selma do Coco. She created in the neighbourhood of Guadalupe the Cineclube Macaíba, directed to the cultures of the African matrix, and Rádio Amnésia. She transformed her house into the cultural centre known as Casa de Oxum.
- Work : Prize 2015 (Order of Cultural Merit)
Sy Scholfield provided birth entry from civil registry.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Afoxé Filho de Oxum)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Percussionist)
- Vocation : Religion : Other Religion (Priestess of Afro-Brazilian religions)
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (Order of Cultural Merit)