Best Maugard, Adolfo
|born on||1 June 1891 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°30' 00°49 Asc. 22°56'|
Mexican painter, art historian, film director and screenwriter, who founded the universalism method in drawing. His book, Método de dibujo: Tradición, resurgimiento y evolución del arte mexicano (Drawing Method: Tradition, Resurgence, and Evolution of Mexican Art) would explain the seven elements in drawing. The Best Maugard method was fundamental to the modernist aesthetic in Mexico. His style and method was a proposal for defining mexicanidad (Mexican-ness).
He died on 25 August 1964, aged 73, in Athens, Greece.
- friend relationship with Covarrubias, Miguel (born 22 November 1904)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Federal District, Mexico archives. Wikipedia has 11 June in error.
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Film)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian (Art)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction