Bertil, Prince of Sweden
|Birthname||Bertil Gustaf Oskar Carl Eugén|
|born on||28 February 1912 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°15' 09°39 Asc. 16°44'|
Swedish royal prince, the third son of King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden and his first wife, Princess Margaret of Connaught. He was a paternal uncle of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and a maternal uncle of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece through his sister, the late Queen Ingrid of Denmark (née Princess Ingrid of Sweden).
Prince Bertil became a naval officer and during the Second World War he served as Swedish naval attaché at the embassy in London.
On 7 December 1976, Bertil married his longterm partner, Welsh commoner Lilian Craig. They had no children.
He died on 5 January 1997, aged 84.
- child->parent relationship with Gustaf VI Adolf, King of Sweden (born 11 November 1882)
- child->parent relationship with Margaret, Crown Princess of Sweden (born 15 January 1882)
- sibling relationship with Bernadotte, Sigvard (born 7 June 1907)
- sibling relationship with Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten (born 22 April 1906)
- sibling relationship with Ingrid, Queen of Denmark (born 28 March 1910)
Sy Scholfield cites official bulletin quoted in "Birth of a Swedish Prince," Times [London], 29 Feb. 1912, p. 8: "Stockholm, Feb. 28. The Crown Princess of Sweden gave birth to a son at 5.30 this morning."
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Naval officer)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte)