Berthold, Margrave of Baden
|Birthname||B. Friedrich Wilhelm Ernst August Heinrich Karl|
|born on||24 February 1906 at 06:45 (= 06:45 AM )|
|Place||Karlsruhe, Germany, 49n03, 8e24|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°43' 15°24 Asc. 16°03'|
Prince of the House of Zähringen, as the son of Prince Maximilian, Margrave of Baden and Princess Marie Louise of Hanover and Cumberland. From 1929 until his death, he was the head of the House of Zähringen which had reigned over the Grand Duchy of Baden until 1918.
He married Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, daughter of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg, on 17 August 1931 in Baden-Baden which made him the brother-in-law of Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. His bride was also his second cousin, through Christian IX of Denmark.
The couple had three children.
He died on 27 October 1963, aged 57, in Spaichingen. He was succeeded as Margrave and Head of House by his son Max.
- child->parent relationship with Maria-Luise, Princess of Hanover (born 11 October 1879)
- child->parent relationship with Maximilian, Prince of Baden (born 10 July 1867)
- spouse relationship with Theodora, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 13 May 1906). Notes: 1931-1963
- sibling relationship with Marie Alexandra, Princess of Baden (born 1 August 1902)
- other kin relationship with Ernst August, Crown Prince of Hanover (born 21 September 1845). Notes: Grandkin
- has other family relationship with Margarita, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 18 April 1905). Notes: Siblings-in-law
- has other family relationship with Sophie, Princess of Greece and Denmark (born 26 June 1914). Notes: Siblings-in-law
- Relationship : Marriage 17 August 1931 (Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Verhandlungen der Zweiten Kammer der Stände-Versammlung des Grossherzogtums Baden vom ... Landtag" Baden (Badenia, 1906), p. 66: "Zweite Kammer. 34. öffentliche Sitzung. Karlsruhe, den 24. Februar 1906. Gegenwärtig: als Vertreter der Großherzoglichen Regierung: Staatsminister Dr. Frhr. von Dusch, Ministerialrat Dr. Reichardt; . . . Nach Eröffnung der Sitzung teilt Staatsminister Dr. Frhr. von Dusch mit, daß Ihre Königl. Hoheit die Prinzessin Max von Baden heute früh 6¾, Uhr von einem Prinz ein glücklich entbunden worden ist." (Translation: Second chamber. 34. Public meeting. Karlsruhe, 24 February 1906. In attendance: as representative of the Grand Duke Government: Minister of State, Dr. Frhr. von Dusch, Ministerialrat Dr. Reichardt; . . . After the opening of the meeting, State Minister Dr. Frhr. von Dusch announced that Her Highness the Princess Max von Baden this morning at 6:45 o'clock was happily delivered of a prince).
"Court Circular," The Times (London, England), 26 Feb. 1906, p. 6, states: "Princess Maximilian of Baden gave birth to a son on Saturday morning."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Zähringen)