|Birthname||Herbert Augustine Bernau|
|born on||2 June 1940 at 08:14 (= 08:14 AM )|
|Place||Santa Barbara, California, 34n25, 119w42|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°57' 02°47 Asc. 27°39'|
American actor, most visible in the TV soaps Dark Shadows (1969-1970) and Guiding Light.
His most famous role was that of villain Alan Spaulding on the Guiding Light, a role he played from 1977 to 1984 and again from 1986 until shortly before his death in 1989.
Though his famous character was portrayed as a habitual womanizer, Bernau is considered to be one of the only truly "out" soap opera actors, as it was fairly well known by both the actors he worked with and the soap press at large that he was gay.
He died on 14 June 1989 of a heart attack related to AIDS.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Dark Shadows (born 27 June 1966). Notes: Played Philip Todd, 1969-1970
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Guiding Light (born 25 January 1937). Notes: Played Alan Spaulding, 1977-1984, 1986-1989
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Aids
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack as a complications of AIDS)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV strongest medium)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Dark Shadows, Guiding Light)