Bernal, Martha E.
|Birthname||Martha Estella Bernal|
|born on||13 April 1931 at 22:40 (= 10:40 PM )|
|Place||San Antonio, Texas, 29n25, 98w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°17' 11°14 Asc. 11°12'|
American clinical psychologist who earned her PhD at Indiana University Bloomington in 1962, becoming the first Latina to receive a doctorate degree in psychology in the United States. She helped with the treatment and assessment of children with behavioral problems, but she also led the way for diversity in psychology with a scholarship program, and with strong emphasis on multiculturalism.
She died of lung cancer at the age of 70 on 28 September 2001.
- Work : Great Achievement 1962 (PhD in psychology)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield.
- Traits : Body : Race (Hispanic, Latina)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in psychology)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Cancer)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Lung cancer)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist (Clinical)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field