|Birthname||Gustaf Lennart Nicolaus Paul Bernadotte|
|born on||8 May 1909 at 23:45 (= 11:45 PM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°40' 28°00 Asc. 28°33'|
Swedish-German landscaper, filmmaker and photographer, he was a grandson of King Gustaf V of Sweden, and the first Swede in history to have his royal titles removed due to his own actions.
Bernadotte was born at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, to Prince Wilhelm, Duke of Södermanland, and Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia. At birth Bernadotte was a Swedish prince and was titled Duke of Småland. In 1932, he married Karin Nissvandt, a morganatic marriage, and thereafter ceased to be referred to by his royal titles. Thus, he became the first Swede in history to have his royal titles removed due to his own actions and was called Mr. Bernadotte as a result. Nineteen years after he lost his Swedish royal titles, he was given titles of nobility in Luxembourg.
Lennart Bernadotte published two memoirs, Käre prins, godnatt (1977) and Mainau min medelpunkt (1995). He married twice and had nine children. He died on 21 December 2004 at age 95 in Schloss Mainau, Lake Constance, Germany.
- child->parent relationship with Wilhelm, Duke of Södermanland (born 17 June 1884)
- role played of/by Carl XV, King of Sweden (born 3 May 1826). Notes: 1944 film "Prince Gustaf"
Sy Scholfield quotes Swedish newspaper report, Göteborgs Aftonblad, 10 May 1909: "Hertiginnan af Södermanland nedkom klockan 11,45 i lördags natt med en prins.... skall erhålla namnet Gustaf Lennart Nicolaus Paul samt kallas Lennart." (Translation: The Duchess of Södermanland gave birth at 11.45 on Saturday night to a prince... [who] shall receive the name Gustaf Lennart Nicolaus Paul and be called Lennart).
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Nine)
- Vocation : Art : Photography
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Filmmaker)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Misc. : Outdoor vocations (Landscaper)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte, Sweden)