|Birthname||David Craig Berman|
|born on||4 January 1967 at 07:15 (= 07:15 AM )|
|Place||Williamsburg, Virginia, 37n16, 76w42|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°27' 25°20 Asc. 10°40'|
American musician, singer, poet and cartoonist best known for his work with indie-rock band the Silver Jews. Although the band primarily existed as a recording project for most of its existence, the Silver Jews toured regularly from 2005 until 2009. In January 2009, Berman announced his retirement from music in hopes of finding a meaningful way of undoing the damage that his estranged father Richard (a lobbyist for the alcohol and firearm industries) had brought upon society.
In addition to the six full length albums that Berman wrote and recorded with the Silver Jews, he also released two books, Actual Air (1999) and The Portable February (2009). In early 2019, Berman returned to music under the new band name Purple Mountains, releasing an eponymous debut album in July 2019, which would be the final musical project attributed to him before his death on 7 August 2019 at age 52.
Lepoivre quote "private source, identity verified."
Sy Scholfield confirms date and place from birth report, Daily Press (Newport News, Virginia), 7 Jan 1967, page 16, born at Williamsburg Community Hospital, no time given.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Personal : Death : Suicide Attempt
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Silver Jews; Purple Mountains)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Poet