|Birthname||Craig Lamont Berkman|
|born on||12 August 1941 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Sioux City, Iowa, 42n30, 96w24|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°46' 26°15 Asc. 22°07'|
American venture capitalist and a Republican politician in the U.S. state of Oregon. He was known as a major donor in national Republican circles. He chaired the Oregon Republican Party in the early 1990s, opposing the far right Oregon Citizens Alliance. He ran for chairman of the Republican National Committee in 1993 and for Governor of Oregon in 1996, losing the former race to Haley Barbour and the latter to Denny Smith in the primary election.
Berkman served as Oregon's state Republican Party chairman from 1989 to 1993 and ran unsuccessfully for the Republican nomination for Governor of Oregon in 1994.
He was arrested in March 2013 in the Tampa, Florida suburb of Odessa, where he has a $3.94 million home, on charges of selling pre-IPO shares of Facebook.
In June 2013, Berkman pleaded guilty to securities and wire fraud at the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan. On 16 December 2013, he was sentenced to 6 years in prison, and will be required to repay $8.4 million to investors.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Lifestyle : Financial : Other Financial (Political donor)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (6 years)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (Securities and wire fraud)
- Vocation : Business : Banker/ Financier (Venture capitalist)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Republican)