|born on||26 May 1927 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Biarritz, France, 43n29, 1w34|
|Timezone||GST h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°46' 27°13 Asc. 11°14'|
French actor and romantic lead in a career that lasted little more than a decade. He was usually cast as a suave, sophisticated European lover in a number of "B" movies. Formerly a lawyer, he married Ginger Rogers in 1953 and was cast in a film with her the following year, Twist of Fate. He played the Comte de Provence (later King Louis XVIII) in Jean Delannoy's 1956 film Marie Antoinette Queen of France. In 1957, he received the Golden Globe Award for Foreign Newcomer. His other films included Gigi (1958) and The Hypnotic Eye (1960).
After he left show business he became the head of Revlon's Paris office and of the Perfumes Balmain company. His younger brother Michel became CEO of Revlon six years later. Jacques Bergerac also managed the rugby club Biarritz Olympique from 1980 until 1981.
Bergerac and Rogers divorced on 7 July 1957; he married Dorothy Malone on 29 June 1959, a relationship that lasted for four stormy years and produced two daughters. He died on 15 June 2014 at age 87 at his home in Anglet, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France.
- parent->child relationship with Bergerac, Diane Alice (born 20 February 1962)
- parent->child relationship with Bergerac, Mimi Esther Therese (born 3 April 1960)
- spouse relationship with Malone, Dorothy (born 29 January 1924). Notes: 1959-1964, very bitter
- spouse relationship with Rogers, Ginger (born 16 July 1911). Notes: 1953-1957, very bitter
- role played of/by Louis XVIII, King of France (born 17 November 1755). Notes: 1956 film "Marie-Antoinette reine de France"
- Relationship : Marriage 1953 (Ginger Rogers)
- Work : Prize 1957 (Golden Globe Award for Foreign Newcomer)
Victoria Shaw quotes him by phone from Paris, October 1980, with birth year 1917 and time of 1:00 AM.
Update 26 May 2020: Many other sources give birth year 1927. In consequence, we downgraded the Rodden Rating from A to DD.
Update 29 May 2020: Sy Scholfield provided screenshot of entry from Biarritz Tables décennales 1923-1932 (Birth index from Pyrénées-Atlantiques archives), listing Jacques Bergerac, born and/or registered on 26 May 1927, no. 149. The year was thus changed to 1927 and the RR changed to A (From memory) using the 1:00 AM time collected by Shaw.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Ginger Rogers, Dorothy Malone)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery (Four stormy years with Malone)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Lead film roles, also TV)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Prior to acting)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Rugby club manager, after acting)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Golden Globe Award for Foreign Newcomer)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection