|born on||25 May 1880 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°52' 26°10 Asc. 29°53'|
German painter and artist in the Berlin Secession (German: Berliner Secession), an art association founded by Berlin artists in 1898 as an alternative to the conservative state-run Association of Berlin Artists. She was married to German painter Lovis Corinth with whom she had two children.
Berend-Corinth began exhibiting her paintings at the Berliner Secession in 1906. She joined the Secession in 1912 and did not leave it after the separation of the new Freie Secession led by Max Liebermann when Lovis Corinth became its new leader.
She painted book illustrations for Max Pallenberg, Fritzi Massary, and Valeska Gert and painted portraits of Michael Bohnen, Werner Krauss, Paul Bildt and Paul Graetz. In the 1920s she supported young artists from the theatres in Berlin.
In 1919 Lovis Corinth bought a house in Urfeld at Walchensee where he and his wife could retire from their life in Berlin. It was here, in her lakeside home at Urfeld, where she painted landscapes, portraits and still lifes and more and more retired from the active arts scene. Her husband died in 1925 from pneumonia during a journey to the Netherlands.
Berend-Corinth emigrated in 1933 to the United States of America, where her son Thomas was already living in New York City. In 1958 she published a book of the complete paintings of Lovis Corinth, which became a standard work and is in use today in a 1992 edition from Béatrice Hernad.
Berendt-Corinth died on 10 January 1967, aged 86, in New York.
- spouse relationship with Corinth, Lovis (born 21 July 1858). Notes: 1903-1925
- sibling relationship with Berend, Alice (born 30 June 1875)
- Family : Change residence 1933 (Emigrated to USA)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Berlin archives.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Lovis Corinth, 1903-1925)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Lovis Corinth)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Art patron)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (German emigrant to USA)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, portraitist)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Member of the Berlin Secession)