|born on||7 June 1828 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°26' 15°48 Asc. 27°04'|
English publisher based in London, who represented Wilkie Collins, and during the 1860s identified and published a number of other authors who later achieved notability. He became an influential and knowledgeable publisher of fiction. Bentley also diversified successfully into magazine publishing, exploiting the synergies available from simultaneously publishing novels serialized in monthly servings and thereafter in book form.
George Bentley married Anne Williams from Aberystwyth at St. James's, Westminster in 1853. The couple's only recorded son, Richard Bentley, had been born in north London in May 1854.
George Bentley died on 29 May 1895, aged 66, in The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, England.
- associate relationship with Collins, Wilkie (born 8 January 1824)
- associate relationship with Conan Doyle, Arthur (born 22 May 1859)
- associate relationship with Le Fanu, Sheridan (born 28 August 1814)
- associate relationship with Stevenson, Robert Louis (born 13 November 1850)
- friend relationship with Maartens, Maarten (born 15 August 1858)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 5 May 1858 at 06:15 AM in London (Birth of son, Richard)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from family records: "George Bentley. Born in London 7 June 'at seven o'clock in the morning of Saturday,' baptised at St Bride's, Fleet Street, London, 4 July 1828" . Same record in "Visitation of England and Wales, Volume 1" (Joseph Jackson Howard, 1893), p. 139.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor