|Birthname||DiFiglia, Michael Bennett|
|born on||8 April 1943 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Buffalo, New York, 42n53, 78w53|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||17°47' 01°45 Asc. 15°22'|
American dancer and showman who began dancing at an early age. He was the originator, co-producer, choreographer and director of "A Chorus Line," 1975, which became the longest-running show on Broadway in September 1983. Six years and seven months later, the show that had sold 22 million tickets worldwide in eight years took its final bow. He won Tony awards in 1974, 1979, 1982 and 1984, plus the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1976.
He married the star of the show, dancer Donna McKechnie, in 12/1977; the marriage foundered in a few months. Throughout his life, his health was always good, although he was a heavy smoker, drank and did some recreational drugs.
Revered as a showman, Bennett's own star was tarnished in revelations about his personal life. In Kevin Kelly's biography," One Singular Sensation," 1990, he is portrayed as a paranoid, manipulative egomaniac. Another new book, "On the Line" points out his mercurial personality and hard-driving work style but also notes his loyalty, humor and magnetism.
Bennett died of AIDS on 7/02/1987, 7:45 MST, Tucson, AZ.
- Work : Prize 1974 (Tony)
- Work : Prize 1976 (Pulitzer prize)
- Work : Prize 1979 (Tony)
- Work : Prize 1982 (Tony)
- Work : Prize 1984 (Tony)
- Death by Disease 2 July 1987 (AIDS, age 44)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : End Major Project 28 April 1990 (Final curtain of "A Chorus Line.")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Emylu L. Hughes quotes B.C. from his mom
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : AIDS/ HIV (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Few months marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One brief)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Pro)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Chorus Line)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Chorus Line)
- Notable : Awards : Pulitzer prize (For Drama)
- Notable : Awards : Tony (Four)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Created longest-running show on Broadway)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection