Bennett, Brooke (1995)
|Birthname||Brooke Marie Bennett|
|born on||12 July 1995 at 00:24 (= 12:24 AM )|
|Place||Randolph, Vermont, 43n56, 72w40|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||19°23' 15°35 Asc. 23°40'|
American murder victim, a 12-year-old girl who was sexually assaulted and killed by her uncle, 42-year-old Michael Jacques, in 2008. Her death led to the creation of "Brooke's Law" in 2009 to help fight sex crimes in Vermont.
Jacques had completed the Vermont Treatment Program for Sexual Abusers in 2006. After he was released from prison, he raped and murdered Bennett. She went missing on 25 June 2008 and her body was found on 2 July 2008. She had been drugged, sexually assaulted, strangled and smothered with a plastic bag.
He was arrested in the Brooke Bennett case on 29 June 2008. Jacques had been hailed as a "success story" by probationers. The program has been questioned for this reason.
On 4 March 2009, Vermont Governor Jim Douglass signed Brooke's Law. It gives prosecutors new tools to fight sex crimes, including tougher penalties, new prevention programs and more protection for victims.
On 27 August 2013 a plea deal was filed that sent Jacques to prison for the rest of his life. As part of the deal he admitted that he raped and murdered Brooke.
- homicide perpetrator relationship with Jacques, Michael (born 18 March 1966)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Drugged, strangled)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Smothered with a plastic bag)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Kidnapping victim
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Missing person
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 12)
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases (Led to "Brooke's Law")