|born on||19 October 1937 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Toronto, Canada, 43n39, 79w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°39' 19°30 Asc. 17°48'|
Canadian swimmer who swam the English Channel in 14 hours and 36 minutes in 1955 when she was 17, 5'2" and 119 pounds. A swimmer from the time she was four, she won prizes from the age of 10. On 9/08/1954 at 11:00 PM, she and two other young women set out to swim Lake Ontario, which had never been done. She completed the 40 mile swim on 9/09/1954 at 8:06 AM. Hailed as a heroine, she was named a Woman of the Year and won $7,500 in prizes. She eventually became a physical education teacher. A later report said that she had married and had a child.
- Social : Great Publicity 1955 (Swam English Channel)
AA 6/1959 quotes her mom.
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Physical education)
- Vocation : Sports : Swimming (Swam English Channel and Lake Ontario)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Woman of the Year)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women