|Birthname||Gregory Curtis Bell|
|born on||7 November 1930 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Linton, Indiana, 39n02, 87w10|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°19' 26°42 Asc. 27°07'|
American track and field athlete who won the Gold Medal in the Long Jump at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, Australia.
He won three national AAU championships, two NCAA Championships, earned NCAA All-American status three times and was a four-time national AAU All-American. From 1956 to 1958, he was ranked first in the world in the long jump. He set an NCAA record in the long jump, which stood for seven years, and is a charter member of both the Indiana Track and Field and IU Athletic halls of fame
Bell was inducted into the USATF Hall of Fame in 1988.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives. The time of birth is blurred.
- Vocation : Sports : Track and Field (Long jump)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold medal)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Ranked first in world in long jump, 1956-1958)