Behle, William H.
|Birthname||William Harroun Behle|
|born on||13 May 1909 at 07:15 (= 07:15 AM )|
|Place||Salt Lake City, Utah, 40n46, 111w53|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°09' 01°12 Asc. 24°52'|
American ornithologist who published around 140 papers on the biogeography and taxonomy of birds, focusing largely on birds of the Great Basin, including the description of several subspecies (geographic races), particularly the western purple martin (subspecies Progne subis arboricola) and a race of slate-colored fox sparrow. Behle's 1990 book Utah Birds: Historical Perspectives and Bibliography focused on the history of ornithology in Utah from 1776 to modern times, with biographical accounts of collectors and researchers, amateur and professional alike.
In 1934, Behle married Dorothy Davis, who died in 2001. William Behle died on 26 February 2009 at the age of 99, and was survived by two sons.
- Relationship : Marriage 1934 (Dorothy Davis)
- Death of Mate 2001 (Dorothy Davis)
Birth certificate submitted by Sy Scholfield.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 99)
- Vocation : Science : Biology (Ornithologist)