Bauer, Hermann (1875)
|Birthname||Hermann Wilhelm Bauer|
|born on||22 July 1875 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Königsberg/Ostpreussen, Germany, 54n43, 20e30|
|Timezone||LMT m20e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°06' 14°55 Asc. 04°52'|
German naval officer who served as commander of the U-boat forces of the Kaiserliche Marine during World War I. In addition to his World War I career, Bauer is well known as the author of the book Das Unterseeboot, a treatise on the design and operation of U-boats, which was later translated into English by Hyman G. Rickover. Rickover's translation became a basic text for the US submarine service.
His awards include the Iron Cross (1st and 2nd Class) (1914) and Knight's Cross of the House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords.
Hermann Bauer died on 11 February 1958, aged 82, in Essen.
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Berlin Provincial Archives.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Military : Combat (U-boat commander)
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Admiral)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WWI)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction