|Birthname||Matthew Daniel Batts|
|born on||16 October 1921 at 02:25 (= 02:25 AM )|
|Place||San Antonio, Texas, 29n25, 98w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°26' 15°24 Asc. 27°02'|
American baseball player who played in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a catcher for the Boston Red Sox (1947–1951), St. Louis Browns (1951), Detroit Tigers (1952–1954), Chicago White Sox (1954) and Cincinnati Reds (1955–1956), with brief trades to Baltimore and Cleveland. A slap hitter and competent defensive catcher, Batts played mostly backup roles over the course of his career; during parts of ten MLB seasons, he appeared in 546 games with a .269 batting average, 26 home runs, and 219 runs batted in. He was the uncle of former major leaguer Danny Heep.
Batts died on 14 July 2013, aged 91, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- associate relationship with Galehouse, Denny (born 7 December 1911). Notes: Boston Red Sox teammates, 1947-1949
- associate relationship with Garver, Ned (born 25 December 1925). Notes: St. Louis Browns teammates, 1951
- associate relationship with Gillespie, Bob (born 8 October 1919). Notes: Boston Red Sox teammates, 1950
- associate relationship with Williams, Ted (born 30 August 1918). Notes: Boston Red Sox teammates, 1947-1951
Birth certificate in hand, submitted by Sy Scholfield.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Sports : Baseball (Catcher)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (MLB player, 1947-1956)