|born on||3 November 1967 at 14:08 (= 2:08 PM )|
|Place||Canterbury, England, 51n17, 1e05|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°28' 29°33 Asc. 26°53'|
British game show contestant on live-programming of a "Big Brother" house. It was the first of a series of "reality shows" in which ordinary people, not actors, were put in positions of some stress and competition for financial awards. Big Brother put ten strangers into an East London house, built for the purpose of viewing by camera their every move and by microphone their every sound, for nine weeks. Every week each contestant had to nominate one person from the group to leave the house and TV viewers voted by telephone which one was odd-man-out.
Bateman was soon dubbed "Nasty Nick" by the media for his scheming, duplicity and manipulation of his house-mates. He told such lies to win sympathy and disarm his opponents as saying that his wife had been killed in a car crash. Half-way through the contest, his plots to influence the voting were exposed by a fellow he’d double-crossed. The others turned against him and, while millions watched the drama, he was evicted from the house for breaking the rules on 8/17/2000. He subsequently went on to make a small fortune from his anti-hero status, writing a nasty column in the Sun as well as a trashy and poorly written book, "How to be a Right Bastard."
Nick is vice-president of Fulham Football Club and keeps fit by swimming every morning, playing tennis at the weekends and having two kung-fu lessons a week. He practices Indian Head massage and Reiki healing methods. As a kid, after leaving school he traveled and worked in Australia for three years.
"For anyone out for fame and fortune," he said, "I would say try to get it at any cost but always have a plan."
- Work : Lose social status 17 August 2000 (Evicted from Big Brother show-house)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Helen Jacobus quotes him, given at a book signing of his "How to be a Right Bastard."
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash
- Traits : Personality : Liar/ Fraud (Liar, manipulator)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field (Small wealth using show notoriety)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Swimming, tennis)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Three years in Australia)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Reality game show contestant)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Big Brothers)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (V-P of football club)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Poorly written book about Big Brothers)