Basombrío Iglesias, Carlos
|Birthname||Carlos Miguel Ramón Basombrío Iglesias|
|born on||31 August 1957 at 14:25 (= 2:25 PM )|
|Place||Miraflores, Peru, 12s07, 77w02|
|Timezone||-05 h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°06' 03°28 Asc. 17°30'|
Peruvian sociologist, journalist and political scientist, he served as Minister of the Interior in the Pedro Pablo Kuczynski administration from July 2016 to December 2017.
Basombrío has been a researcher and consultant on issues involving citizen security and social conflicts in Peru and in other countries. He has been involved with the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, DC, as a resident fellow from 1994 to 1995, and as coordinator of various projects of the Latin American Program, including that of Citizen Security.
Basombrío is the author of several books and essays on human rights, democracy, militarism, civil-military relations, citizen security, among other topics.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Business : Consultant
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Political Science
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Sociologist
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Independent)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction