Barnes, Max D.
|Birthname||Max Duane Barnes|
|born on||24 July 1936 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Jefferson, Iowa, 42n01, 94w23|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°23' 09°14 Asc. 11°31'|
American country singer-songwriter who recorded more than 400 songs. He composed some of the most popular country songs of the 1980s and 1990s. His works have sold over 50 million records worldwide.
Barnes is a two-time Country Music Association Awards Song of the Year winner, in 1988 for "Chiseled in Stone," co-written with Vern Gosdin, and in 1992 for "Look at Us," co-written with Vince Gill. He was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1989 for "Chiseled in Stone". He won the BMI Songwriter Award 18 times. In 1992, he was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Association's International Hall of Fame.
In 1973, Barnes moved with his family from Omaha, Nebraska to Nashville, Tennessee, where he died on 11 January 2004 at age 67.
He is the father of three children, Genevieve Barnes Kephart, DeWayne Patrick Barnes and his youngest son, the award-winning singer-songwriter Max T. Barnes.
- associate relationship with Gill, Vince (born 12 April 1957). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Haggard, Merle (born 6 April 1937). Notes: Music collaborators
- Work : Prize 1992 (Nashville Songwriters Association's International Hall of Fame)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file. Wikipedia has 1935 in error.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Singer-songwriter Max T. Barnes)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Country-Western
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Country)
- Vocation : Travel : Trucking business (Semi-truck driver)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Nashville Songwriters Association)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award