|Birthname||Erich Theodore Barnes|
|born on||4 July 1935 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Elkhart, Indiana, 41n41, 85w59|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||11°20' 20°00 Asc. 26°31'|
American football defensive back in the National Football League (NFL) who played for the Chicago Bears (1958–1960), New York Giants (1961–1964) and Cleveland Browns (1965–1971). He was a six-time Pro Bowler. Before the NFL, he was an outstanding all-around athlete at Purdue University (1956–1958), where one of his teammates was future NFL star quarterback Len Dawson.
Barnes was known as an aggressive, physical player, and is the Giants record holder for longest interception return after scoring on a 102-yard return against the Dallas Cowboys in 1961. While with the Browns, Barnes was known for standing at the goalpost (then stationed at the goal line) and blocking field goal attempts (a practice later outlawed in the NFL).
After his football career, Barnes went on to work in the New York City area as a corporate special events planner. He was elected to the Indiana Football Hall of Fame in 1986 and the Purdue University Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Fame in 2009.
- associate relationship with Bratkowski, Zeke (born 20 October 1931). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1958-1960
- associate relationship with Fortunato, Joe (born 28 March 1930). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1958-1960
- associate relationship with McElhenny, Hugh (born 31 December 1928). Notes: New York Giants teammates, 1963
- associate relationship with Strickland, Larry (born 3 September 1931). Notes: Chicago Bears teammates, 1958-1959
- associate relationship with Warfield, Paul (born 28 November 1942). Notes: Cleveland Browns teammates, 1965-1969
- associate relationship with Whitlow, Bob (born 15 February 1936). Notes: Cleveland Browns teammates, 1968
- Work : Prize 1986 (Indiana Football Hall of Fame)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 6 ft 2 in/ 1.88 m)
- Traits : Body : Weight (201 lb/ 91 kg)
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash
- Vocation : Business : Other Business (Corporate special events planner)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football defensive back)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Indiana Football)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (NFL player, 1958-1971)