|Birthname||Gertrude Maud Barnes|
|born on||25 March 1903 at 23:59 (= 11:59 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°10' 28°14 Asc. 04°47'|
English-American actress whose career in films spanned fifty years, from 1923 to 1973.
Barnes was the daughter of Rosa Enoyce and George Barnes, a policeman. Her father was Jewish and her mother of Italian descent.
She debuted in film in a short made by Lee De Forest in his Phonofilm sound-on-film process. Her film career continued in Great Britain, most notably in "The Private Life of Henry VIII" (1933) as Katherine Howard, Henry's fifth wife. Later her career continued in Hollywood.
She was married, secondly, to film producer Mike Frankovich, a Roman Catholic, for whom she converted to Catholicism, and later became a naturalized United States citizen. The couple adopted three children.
She died on 27 July 1998 of natural causes, aged 95, in Beverly Hills, California. She was survived by her three children, including production manager, Mike Frankovich, Jr., and producer Peter Frankovich.
- spouse relationship with Frankovich, M. J. (born 29 September 1909). Notes: 1940–1992
- Relationship : Marriage 1931 (Samuel Joseph)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1936 (Samuel Joseph, Dissolved)
- Relationship : Marriage 1940 (Mike Frankovich)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "The Literary Digest," Volume 123, Issues 1-13 (April 1937), p. 19: "Binnie Barnes was born at midnight between March 25-26, so she compromises by celebrating with a party at midnight between the two days."
Full birth name from England and Wales Birth Registration Index. Her birth was registered in the June quarter of 1903 at Islington, London.
Wikipedia has 25 May 1903 (no source), but her obituary in The Times (London, 1 August 1998, p. 21), states "Gertrude Maud Barnes" was born on "March 25, 1903."
U.S. Social Security Death Index gives "Binnie Frankovich" born "March 25, 1903" who died "July 27, 1998."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Two sons, one daughter)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 95)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Chorus girl)