|Birthname||Olive Leslie Barclay|
|born on||12 December 1919 at 20:43 (= 8:43 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°47' 03°08 Asc. 18°40'|
British astrologer, the founder of a qualifying horary diploma course. She is the author of :Horary Astrology Rediscovered," 1990, (Schiffer, Whitford Press U.S.A.), which was given an award by the Professional Astrologers of America Inc., and "A Study in Classical Astrology," 1990. Olivia had a remarkable memory and was disconcertingly outspoken, in spite of which, she was a treasured member of the astrological community.
She started her serious astrology study with the Margaret Hone correspondence course in around 1963. Though a student at the Faculty of Astrological Studies for two years, she found the psychological approach that was popular at the time unsatisfactory and developed a greater interest in horary. Her reputation grew in the UK and in the US after 1987, when she began to lecture there. Olivia lectured in many countries during her 30 professional years. In addition to astrology, she trained and earned her living in design and painting. She was married for 25 years and had one daughter.
Cancer was diagnosed in 1997, after which she went into remission. In the spring 2001, she became ill once more, entering the hospital in late March. With her typical independence, she discharged herself from the hospital to die peaceful at home in her cottage in Kent, on 4/01/2001, 7:00 PM.
- (has as) student relationship with Chandler, Claire (born 16 September 1966)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (A Study in Classical Astrology)
Lorraine Welsh quotes her in NCGR 4/1988 (Born in Essex, near London) (Astrological Journal July 2001 gives 20:46, East London)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Design)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Correspondent course in horary)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books, horary)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Noted for horary)