|Birthname||Russell Earl Banks|
|born on||28 March 1940 at 05:46 (= 05:46 AM )|
|Place||Newton, Massachusetts, 42n20, 71w13|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°37' 10°29 Asc. 10°44'|
American writer of fiction and poetry who dedicated his sixth novel Affliction (1989) to his dad, a pipe fitter who died in 1979. With an alcoholic father, he experienced a childhood of turbulence and confusion. He was the eldest of four kids and was beat up by his dad every once in a while. Despite his home life, he excelled in sports and academics. When he was 12, his dad left the family, leaving a love-hate relationship behind him.
Banks became a clerk, and was married and a father at the age of 19. He repeated his dad's pattern of abusive drinking and was divorced in 1960. His second marriage occurred in 1963, lasted until 1977 and produced three daughters. After his divorce, he went back to school, working as a teacher as he wrote. His third marriage lasted for five years, and the fourth was to poet Chase Twichell.
Banks died from cancer at his home in Saratoga Springs, New York, on 7 January 2023 at the age of 82.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1960 (First wife after a year)
- Relationship : Marriage 1963 (Second wife)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1977 (Second wife)
- Death of Father 1979 (Love-hate relationship)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 ("Continental Drift")
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Dad an alcoholic)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of four kids)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (First marriage a year)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Fourth wife poet Chase Twichell)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Cancer)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Public school)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Ten acclaimed works)