|Birthname||Martyn Jerel Buchwald|
|born on||30 January 1942 at 14:04 (= 2:04 PM )|
|Place||Cincinnati, Ohio, 39n10, 84w27|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°17' 21°55 Asc. 22°05'|
American singer, songwriter and musician best known as the founder and one of the lead singers of Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship.
Balin enjoyed painting all his life. He painted many of the most influential musicians of the last half of the 20th century.
While on tour in March 2016, Balin was taken to Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital in New York City after complaining of chest pains. After undergoing open-heart surgery, he was transferred to an intensive-care unit to spend time recovering. In a subsequent lawsuit, Balin alleged that neglect and inadequate care facilities on the hospital's behalf had resulted in a paralyzed vocal cord, loss of his left thumb and half of his tongue, bedsores, and kidney damage.
Balin died on 27 September 2018 at the age of 76.
- associate relationship with Kantner, Paul (born 17 March 1941). Notes: Co-members of Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file, p. 10.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Open-heart)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Jefferson Airplane; Jefferson Starship)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, piano)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.