|Birthname||John Anthony Baldessari|
|born on||17 June 1931 at 19:55 (= 7:55 PM )|
|Place||National City, California, 32n41, 117w06|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°58' 22°01 Asc. 10°20'|
American conceptual artist known for his work featuring found photography and appropriated images. He lived and worked in Santa Monica and Venice, California.
Initially a painter, Baldessari began to incorporate texts and photography into his canvases in the mid-1960s. In 1970 he began working in printmaking, film, video, installation, sculpture and photography. He created thousands of works which demonstrate—-and, in many cases, combine—-the narrative potential of images and the associative power of language within the boundaries of the work of art. His art has been featured in more than 200 solo exhibitions in the U.S. and Europe. His work influenced that of Cindy Sherman, David Salle, Annette Lemieux, and Barbara Kruger among others.
Baldessari set a personal auction record when his acrylic-on-canvas piece Quality Material (1966–1968) was sold for $4,408,000 at Christie's New York in 2007.
Between 1960 and 1984, he was married to Montessorian teacher Carol Ann Wixom; they have two children. He died on 2 January 2020 at age 88 in Los Angeles, California.
- compare to chart of Sherman, Cindy (born 19 January 1954)
- Relationship : Marriage 1960 (Carol Ann Wixom)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Traits : Body : Race (Danish, Italian)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (24 years with Carol Ann Wixom, 1960-1984)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Three decades as a teacher)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist
- Vocation : Art : Photography
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Collectible artist)