|Birthname||Daniel Xavier-Marie Balavoine|
|born on||5 February 1952 at 07:05 (= 07:05 AM )|
|Place||Alençon, France, 48n26, 0e05|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°23' 12°45 Asc. 16°33'|
French rebel and avant-garde pop singer-songwriter known for his high pitched voice, he was lead vocalist of the pop band "Présence" (1971-1974). During his teenage years, he interpreted Bob Dylan and Deep Purple in the streets of Pau, Southern France. Becoming a chorister for the future disco star Patrick Juvet who launched his career in 1974, he was engaged in the musical La Révolution française and went on to a solo career. He sang in a second musical, Starmania (1978). Then he worked with renowned English sound engineer Andy Scott and was on track to record a new album in English, inspired by Peter Gabriel.
However, he died on 14 January 1986 at age 33 in a helicopter crash in a desert in Mali, during the Paris-Dakar rally. That year he had founded a humanitarian operation "Action Ecoles" which provided water pumps to some African countries. Balavoine was also the godfather of "Les Restos du Coeur" (Restaurants of the heart), created to feed poor people.
He lived with French singer Catherine Ferry and Belgian Linda Lecomte. Married to Jewish Moroccan Corinne Barcessat, they had 2 children, Jérémie, born in 1984, and Joana, born in 1986.
- associate relationship with Bagnoud, François-Xavier (born 11 September 1961)
- associate relationship with Chicot, Etienne (born 5 May 1949)
- associate relationship with Helicopter crash: Paris-Dakar rally (born 14 January 1986)
- associate relationship with Juvet, Patrick (born 21 August 1950)
- associate relationship with Mas, Jeanne (born 28 February 1956)
- friend relationship with Berger, Michel (born 28 November 1947)
- friend relationship with Coluche (born 28 October 1944)
- friend relationship with Gall, France (born 9 October 1947)
- lover relationship with Ferry, Catherine (born 1 July 1953)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Barclay, Eddie (born 26 January 1921)
- other associate with Sabine, Thierry (born 13 June 1949)
- compare to chart of François, Claude (born 1 February 1939)
- compare to chart of Gabriel, Peter (born 13 February 1950)
- compare to chart of Murat, Jean-Louis (born 28 January 1952)
Lescaut quotes B.R., confirmed by Paddy de Jabrun.
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Youngest of six)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Personal : Death : Accidental (Helicopter crash)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.