Bailey, Alice A.
|born on||16 June 1880 at 07:42 (= 07:42 AM )|
|Place||Manchester, England, 53n30, 2w15|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°29' 00°32 Asc. 10°57'|
American theosophist, esoteric astrologer and author. Unhappy in youth, she broke away from her early environment when she was 22. She married Walter Evans, an Episcopal rector, and had three daughters with him. While studying the occult, she became an evangelist and social worker. In 1919, she made contact with "the Tibetan;" two years later she founded her Arcane School. Her second marriage was to Foster Bailey. They organized the International Goodwill Movement together and, by 1939, had centers in 19 countries. Bailey wrote 30 metaphysical books on ancient teachings.
Died on 15 December 1949.
- associate relationship with Cooley, Eleanor S. (born 23 July 1886)
- friend relationship with Assagioli, Roberto (born 27 February 1888)
- compare to chart of Baker, Douglas M. (born 31 December 1922)
Rudhyar in AA, 9/1937. Same in Sabian Symbols No.56.
Update 2 April 2013: The time was long quoted as 7:32 GMT, also by Taeger, who quotes Penfield and Rodden. Today Wayne Turner reports by email from the original article by Rudhar, that Rudhyar's corrected chart has 11 Leo Ascedant and 20 Aries MC, with 0 Gem on 11, 11 Can on 12, 28 Leo on 2, and 19 Vir on 3 (rounded degrees only). This is consistent with a birth time of 7:42 GMT.
Sy Scholfield notes that she mentions no time of birth in her autobiography but speculates that she has Pisces rising, see "The Unfinished Autobiography of Alice A. Bailey" by Alice A. Bailey (Lucis Publishing Companies, 1951): "I was born on June 16th, 1880, in the city of Manchester, England, . . . Leading astrologers, to my amusement, assign different signs as my rising sign—Virgo, because I love children and cooking, and "mothering" an organisation; Leo, because I am very individual (by which they mean difficult and dominant) and also very self-conscious; and Pisces, because that sign is the sign of the mediator or the intermediary. I am inclined myself to Pisces, because I have a Pisces husband, because my very dear eldest daughter was also born in that sign and we always understood each other so well that we frequently used to quarrel. . . Anyway, no matter what my rising sign, I am a true Gemini subject and that sign has apparently conditioned my life and circumstances."
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Unhappy)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Theosophy/Vedanta (Theosophy)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Psychic/ Medium/ Spiritualist
- Vocation : Religion : Metaphysical
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Esoteric books)
- Vocation : Writers : Metaphysics/ Parapsychology