Bail, Antoine Jean
|born on||8 April 1830 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Chasselay (Rhône), France, 45n59, 4e45|
|Timezone||LMT m4e45 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°13' 21°00 Asc. 27°17'|
French painter of great acuity and a colourist whose dark palette has a deliberately limited range of tones.
A student of Claude Bonnefond at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Lyon, his genre scenes exhibited in Parisian and Lyon salons had some success with the public.
His two sons Franck-Antoine (Paris, 1858-1924) and Joseph (Limonest, 1862-1921) were trained by him and followed the same path. He died in Nesles-la-Vallée on 20 October 1919 at age 89.
Link to Wikipedia biography (French)
- parent->child relationship with Bail, Joseph (born 22 January 1862)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file (Rhône archives, no. 9).
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)