|Birthname||Parley Edward Baer|
|born on||5 August 1914 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Salt Lake City, Utah, 40n46, 111w53|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°05' 04°10 Asc. 28°18'|
American actor in radio and later in television and film.
Baer was director of special events at radio station KSL in the 1930s. His first network show was The Whistler which was soon followed by appearances on Escape, and various other shows.
As an on-camera performer, Baer was recognizable by his distinctive voice, his paunchy appearance, and his balding head. Often he portrayed fussy, bossy, and/or obstinate officials or neighbors. Extended television roles included obnoxious by-the-book Mayor Stoner on The Andy Griffith Show, the neighbor Darby on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, frequent guest appearances on The Addams Family as insurance man and city commissioner Arthur J. Henson, and in the late 1990s, Miles Dugan on The Young and the Restless.
Baer's film roles included parts in several live action Disney features, including Follow Me, Boys!, The Ugly Dachshund, and Those Calloways.
In 1946, he met and married circus aerialist and bareback rider Ernestine Clarke. They were together for 54 years until her death on 5 August 2000, in Tarzana, California. On 11 November 2002, Baer was taken to the Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital after a stroke. He died, age 88, 11 days later on 22 November. Baer was survived by his daughters, Kim Baer and Dale Sloan, and three grandchildren.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: The Young and the Restless (born 26 March 1973). Notes: Played Miles Dugan, 1993-1996
- Relationship : Marriage 1946 (Ernestine Clarke)
Birth certificate submitted by Sy Scholfield.
- Traits : Body : Hair (Balding)
- Traits : Body : Size (Paunchy)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Distinctive)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (54 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Radio, TV, film)