Baer, Max Jr.
|Birthname||Maximilian Adalbert Baer, Jr.|
|born on||4 December 1937 at 18:12 (= 6:12 PM )|
|Place||Oakland, California, 37n48, 122w16|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°32' 05°27 Asc. 03°30'|
American actor best known for his role as Jethro Bodine in the television series, "The Beverly Hillbillies."
The son of a former heavyweight boxing champion, Max Baer, Jr. is the nephew of Buddy Bear and the uncle of Penthouse Pet Amy Lynn Baxter. He grew up in Sacramento, California. Baer received his bachelor's degree from the University of Santa Clara in business administration with a minor in philosophy. Shortly after graduation he was signed by Warner Brothers, landed the plum role of Jethro and starred in "The Beverly Hillbillies" from 1962 until 1971.
A classic example of Hollywood typecasting, Baer did not find work as an actor for three years after "Hillbillies" went off the air. He finally had to put himself to work as an actor in his movie, "The Macon County Line," which he wrote and produced with a friend. Although it didn't let him escape his Jethro character, he did earn more than $35 million dollars in box office and rental receipts, after an initial investment of just over $100,000, making it one of the highest grossing per dollar invested films of all time.
Ever innovative, Baer initiated the practice of using a popular song title as a way to produce a low-cost, high-profit motion picture with his movie, "Ode to Billy Joe." Baer retired to his home at Lake Tahoe, Nevada in 1980. Since 1985 he has been using his business background to acquire the necessary licensing rights to develop Jethro’s Beverly Hills Mansion and Casino.
Baer is 6’ 4" tall. He was married to Joanna Hill until their divorce in 1971.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: The Beverly Hillbillies (born 26 September 1962). Notes: Played Jethro Bodine, 1962-1971
- associate relationship with Tate, Sharon (born 24 January 1943). Notes: co-stars on "The Beverly Hillbillies"
- child->parent relationship with Baer, Max (born 11 February 1909)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 26 September 1962 ("The Beverly Hillbillies" TV series broadcast debut)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1971 (Joanna Hill)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1975 ("The Wild McCullochs")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1979 ("Hometown USA")
- Work : Retired 1980
- Work : Begin Major Project 1985 (Process of trying to open casino business)
Contemporary American Horoscopes; PT has birth certificate in hand
- Traits : Body : Size (6' 4")
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (The Beverly Hillbillies)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Minor)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Minor)