Badly Drawn Boy
|Birthname||Damon Michael Gough|
|born on||2 October 1969 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Dunstable, England, 51n53, 0w32|
|Timezone||BST h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°41' 23°18 Asc. 19°54'|
English indie singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who chose his stage name from a character in the show Sam and his Magic Ball, which he saw on TV at a party in Trafford, Greater Manchester, in 1995. Before he thought of using this name he made some business cards, each one unique, with a printed picture of a drawing by his nephew and a small collage by Gough.
A chance meeting with Andy Votel at the Generation X bar in Manchester, where Gough's friends Scott Abraham and Damon Hayhurst were contributing to an exhibition by the Space Monkey Clothing Company and Votel was DJing, led to the foundation of Twisted Nerve Records.
In 2002, Q magazine named Badly Drawn Boy in their list of the "50 Bands to See Before You Die", although this was as part of a sub-list of "5 Bands That Could Go Either Way" on account of Gough's tendency to talk and tell stories for extended periods in concert rather than play songs.
Sy Scholfield calculated data from natal charts posted by him on Twitter showing 8 Libra 40 Sun, 23 Gemini 17 Moon, 19 Leo ASC, 4 Taurus MC, etc .
Place from England & Wales Civil Registration Birth Index.
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Concert tours)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Concerts)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music (Indie)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Badly Drawn Boy)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, bass, drums, percussion, banjo, piano, keyboards, harmonica)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Indie rock, indie folk)