|Birthname||Kevin Norwood Bacon|
|born on||8 July 1958|
|Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 39n57, 75w10|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
American actor and musician whose films include musical-drama film Footloose (1984), the controversial historical conspiracy legal thriller JFK (1991), the legal drama A Few Good Men (1992), the historical docudrama Apollo 13 (1995), and the mystery drama Mystic River (2003). Bacon is also known for taking on darker roles such as that of a sadistic guard in Sleepers (1996) and troubled former child abuser in a critically acclaimed performance in The Woodsman (2004). A highly versatile actor, he is also known for the hit comedies National Lampoon's Animal House (1978), Diner (1982), Tremors (1990) and Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011).
He is equally prolific on television, having starred in the Fox drama series The Following (2013–2015). For the HBO original film Taking Chance (2009), Bacon won a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award, also receiving a Primetime Emmy Award nomination. More recently Bacon portrayed the title character and was the series lead of the Amazon Prime web television series I Love Dick for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe Award.
The Guardian named him one of the best actors never to have received an Academy Award nomination. In 2003, Bacon received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to the motion pictures industry.
Bacon has become associated with the concept of interconnectedness (as in social networks), having been popularized by the game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon". In 2007, he created SixDegrees.org, a charitable foundation.
Bacon has been married to actress Kyra Sedgwick since 4 September 1988; they have two children, Travis Sedgwick (b. 1989) and Sosie Ruth (b. 1992). Bacon was previously in a five-year relationship with actress Tracy Pollan, in the 1980s.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Guiding Light (born 25 January 1937). Notes: Played T. J. 'Tim' Werner # 2, 1980-1981
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Search for Tomorrow (born 3 September 1951). Notes: Played Todd Adamson, 1979
- other kin relationship with Near, Holly (born 6 June 1949). Notes: Cousins
- role played of/by Strobl, Michael (born 17 September 1965). Notes: 2009 TV film "Taking Chance"
- role played of/by Swigert, Jack (born 30 August 1931). Notes: 1995 film "Apollo 13"
- Work : Prize 2003 (Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame)
Sy Scholfield quotes Bacon on Twitter and Instagram, "Spending my birthday with #Bowie thanks to kikkosedg the exhibit was amazing" (posted 8 July 2018) , , "Birthday hike with my beautiful @sosieb" (posted 8 July 2013) , "Hey come wish the old guy happy birthday ! @ @baconbros at Indian Ranch in Webster, MA on July 8th" , "Hometown boy heading to Philly Feb 15 for a chat @KimmelCenter" .
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Kyra Sedgwick, 1988-)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Kyra Sedgwick)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Bacon Brothers)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Nominated)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Hollywood star)