|Birthname||Roger Ward Babson|
|born on||6 July 1875 at 12:05 (= 12:05 PM )|
|Place||Gloucester, Massachusetts, 42n37, 70w40|
|Timezone||LMT m70w40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°09' 00°11 Asc. 12°04'|
American entrepreneur, economist, and business theorist in the first half of the 20th century, best remembered for founding Babson College. He also founded Webber College, now Webber International University, in Babson Park, Florida, and the defunct Utopia College, in Eureka, Kansas.
Babson was born to Nathaniel Babson and his wife Ellen Stearns as part of the 10th generation of Babsons to live in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Roger attended Massachusetts Institute of Technology and worked for investment firms before founding Babson's Statistical Organization (1904), which analyzed stocks and business reports; it continues today as Babson-United, Inc.
Babson married twice. He died on 5 March 1967 at age 91 in Lake Wales, Florida.
Sabian Symbols number 52, quoted by AA database.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Business : Economist
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator