Bárbara, Queen Consort of Spain
|born on||4 December 1711 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°42' 25°55 Asc. 14°13'|
Portuguese Infanta by birth and later Queen of Spain as wife of Ferdinand VI of Spain. Barbara was the eldest child of King João (John) V of Portugal and his wife, Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria, a daughter of Emperor Leopold I. Barbara was born as heiress-presumptive to the Portuguese throne, styled as Princess of Brazil. Her status as heiress presumptive lapsed when the Queen gave birth to a son, Pedro, two years later. In 1729 at the age 18, Barbara married the future Ferdinand VI of Spain, two years her junior. The couple produced no viable children, with Barbara having a stillborn son in 1733. Barbara suffered from severe asthma for most of her life and became quite overweight later in life. She died at the Royal Palace of Aranjuez, on the outskirts of Madrid on 27 August 1758.
- child->parent relationship with João V, King of Portugal (born 22 October 1689 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Fernando VI, King of Spain (born 23 September 1713)
- sibling relationship with Alexandre, Infante of Portugal (born 24 September 1723)
- sibling relationship with José I, King of Portugal (born 6 June 1714)
- sibling relationship with Pedro III, King of Portugal (born 5 July 1717)
- sibling relationship with Pedro, Prince of Brazil (born 19 October 1712)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Elementos para a historia do municipio de Lisboa, Volume 10" (Typographia universal, 1899), p. 572: "Das 9 para as 10 horas da manhã do dia 4 de dezembro de 1711 nasceu em Lisboa, no paço real da Ribeira, a princeza D. Maria Barbara, mandando o senado da camara, portal motivo, realisar as encommendadas manifestações de regosijo publico."
Translation: Princess Maria Barbara was born between 9 and 10 o'clock in the morning of 4 December 1711 in Lisbon at the Royal Palace of Ribeira, sending the senate chamber into public rejoice.
Full name: Maria Madalena Bárbara Xavier Leonor Teresa Antónia Josefa
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Asthma
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Overweight)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Keyboard player)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza (by birth), House of Bourbon/Spain (by marriage))