Augusta Vitória, Queen consort of Portugal
|Birthname||Auguste Viktoria Wilhelmine Antonie Mathilde Ludov|
|born on||19 August 1890 at 15:30 (= 3:30 PM )|
|Place||Potsdam, Germany, 52n24, 13e04|
|Timezone||LMT m13e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°31' 10°03 Asc. 18°07'|
Portuguese queen consort as the wife of the deposed King Manuel II of Portugal. After his death, Augusta Victoria married a second time. She had no children from either marriage.
She was the daughter of Wilhelm, Prince of Hohenzollern, sometime heir presumptive to the throne of the kingdom of Romania (1864–1927), and his first wife Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
On 4 September 1913, Augusta Victoria married Manuel II of Portugal. They were second cousins, both being great grandchildren of Ferdinand II of Portugal. Manuel died on 2 July 1932, at Fulwell Park, Twickenham, Middlesex, England. There were no children from this marriage.
On 23 April 1939, Augusta Victoria married her second husband, Count Robert Douglas, the 13th head of the Swedish comital house of Douglas, lord of Langenstein Castle in Baden and heir of the Mühlhausen fideicommiss/entail (the eldest son of Count Ludvig Douglas). There were also no children from this marriage. Douglas died on 26 August 1955.
Augusta died at Eigeltingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, on 29 August 1966, aged 76.
- child->parent relationship with Wilhelm, Prince of Hohenzollern (born 7 March 1864)
- spouse relationship with Manuel II, King of Portugal (born 15 November 1889). Notes: 1913-1932
- sibling relationship with Franz Joseph, Prince of Hohenzollern-Emden (born 30 August 1891)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern (born 30 August 1891)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from Hamburger Nachrichten, 21 August 1890, p. 1: "Berlin, den 20 August... Gestern Nachmittag halb vier Uhr wurde, wie die ,,Post" berichtet, zu Potsdam die Frau Erbprinzessin von Hohenzollern, Prinzessin von Bourbon und Beider Sizilien, von einer Prinzessin glucklich entbunden."
(Berlin, 20 August... Yesterday afternoon, at half-past three o'clock, as the "Post" reports, the Princess of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, was happily delivered of a princess at Potsdam).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza, Portugal, by marriage)