Augusta, Princess of Cambridge
|Birthname||Augusta Caroline Charlotte ...|
|born on||19 July 1822 at 09:15 (= 09:15 AM )|
|Place||Hanover, Germany, 52n24, 9e44|
|Timezone||LMT m9e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°02' 06°22 Asc. 19°47'|
British royalty, a granddaughter of George III. She married into the Grand Ducal House of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and became the Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
Her full name was Augusta Caroline Charlotte Elizabeth Mary Sophia Louise.
Princess Augusta had one brother, Prince George, later 2nd Duke of Cambridge; and one sister, Princess Mary Adelaide, later Duchess of Teck. As such, Princess Augusta was a first cousin of Queen Victoria and aunt to Mary of Teck, later consort of George V.
On 28 June 1843, Princess Augusta married her first cousin, Frederick William of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, at Buckingham Palace, London. (The two were also second cousins on their fathers' side.) Upon marriage, Augusta became HRH The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and, on 6 September 1860, HRH The Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz following the death of her father-in-law. The marriage of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess produced two children.
The Dowager Grand Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz died on 5 December 1916 in Neustrelitz, Germany. At the time of her death, she was 94 years, 4 months and 16 days old, making her the longest-lived British Princess of the Blood Royal until Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, a male-line granddaughter of Queen Victoria, broke the record in 1977, aged over 97 years old.
- parent->child relationship with Adolf Friedrich V, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strel (born 22 July 1848)
- child->parent relationship with Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge (born 24 February 1774)
- sibling relationship with George, Duke of Cambridge (born 26 March 1819)
- sibling relationship with Mary Adelaide, Princess of Cambridge (born 27 November 1833)
- Relationship : Marriage 28 June 1843 (Friedrich Wilhelm of Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Oesterreichischer Beobachter," 31 July 1822, pp. 907-908: "Nachrichten aus Hannover zufolge, war die Frau Herzoginn von Cambridge. am 19. Juli Morgens um 9¼ Uhr zu Montbrillant von einer Prinzeffinn glücklich entbunden worden" (Translation: According to news from Hanover, the Wife of the Duke of Cambridge gave birth to a princess on 19 July at 9:15 o'clock in the morning in Montbrillant).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hanover)