August Wilhelm, Prince of Prussia (1722)
|born on||9 August 1722 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°35' 20°36 Asc. 28°30'|
Prussian prince and a brother of Friedrich II (Frederick the Great). He was the second surviving son of Friedrich Wilhelm I and Sophia Dorothea.
Augustus was a general in the War of the Austrian Succession, and distinguished himself in the Battle of Hohenfriedberg. But in the Seven Years' War, owing to the fatal retreat of Zittau during the Battle of Kolin in 1756, he incurred the wrath of his brother the King, and withdrew from the army.
He married Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel. Because his older brother had no children, August's oldest son inherited the throne as Friedrich Wilhelm II of Prussia on Friedrich's death.
August died from a brain tumour on 12 June 1758, aged 35, in Oranienburg, Prussia.
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm II, King of Prussia (born 25 September 1744)
- parent->child relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1747) (born 30 December 1747)
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelmine of Prussia, Princess of Orange (born 7 August 1751)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm I, King of Prussia (born 4 August 1688 Jul.Cal. (14 Aug 1688 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Luise, Duchess of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (born 29 January 1722). Notes: 1742-1758
- sibling relationship with Anna Amalie, Abbess of Quedlinburg (born 9 November 1723)
- sibling relationship with August Ferdinand, Prince of Prussia (born 23 May 1730)
- sibling relationship with Charlotte Albertine, Princess of Prussia (born 5 May 1713)
- sibling relationship with Friederike Luise, Princess of Prussia (born 28 September 1714)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich II, King of Prussia (born 24 January 1712)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Ludwig, Prince of Orange (born 23 November 1707)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Prussia (born 16 August 1710)
- sibling relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1726) (born 18 January 1726)
- sibling relationship with Luise Ulrike, Queen of Sweden (born 24 July 1720)
- sibling relationship with Sophie Dorothea Marie, Princess of Prussia (born 25 January 1719)
- sibling relationship with Wilhelmine of Prussia, Margravine of Brandenburg (born 3 July 1709)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 19 August 1722: "Berlin 10. Augusti. Gestern Nachmittag um 5 Uhr seynd Ihre Majest, unsere gnädigste Königin von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden." (Berlin August 10th. Yesterday afternoon at five o'clock Her Majesty, our most gracious Queen, was happily delivered of a prince).
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Brain
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, Prussia)