|Birthname||Wystan Hugh Auden|
|born on||21 February 1907 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||York, England, 53n58, 1w05|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°11' 21°23 Asc. 00°21'|
British poet: perhaps the most outstanding of the 1930s, winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1948 for "The Age of Anxiety."
He had a brush with fascism, a life-long fascination with psychology, and finally returned to the Christianity of his childhood. A complex of contradictions, after a decade of fame he shifted from high-toned symbolism to earthier poems that mixed lyric intensity with comedy, even vulgarity.
In 1939 he left his native country for the USA. Punctilious in his daily routine, he was also untidy, hard-drinking and long addicted to Benzedrine. Old and ill at 50, Auden was open and in harmony about his homosexuality, though he did have a heterosexual affair.
Died in his sleep, apparently of a heart attack, 29 September 1973, Vienna, Austria.
- friend relationship with Brodsky, Joseph (born 24 May 1940)
- friend relationship with Isherwood, Christopher (born 26 August 1904)
- spouse relationship with Mann, Erika (born 9 November 1905). Notes: Unconsummated marriage, 1935
- spousal equivalent relationship with Kallman, Chester (born 7 January 1921). Notes: Lover, friend, collaborator
- compare to chart of Ashbery, John (born 28 July 1927)
Penfield speculated for 6.45 AM. Dave Hayward finds this time to work well with progressions and transits.
Fowlers gives 11:00 PM LMT, no source
Starkman rectified to 15.15.44 GMT Asc 11Leo17'
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice (no time given): "On the 21st Feb, at 54, Bootham, York, the wife of George A. Auden, M.A. M.D. Cantab, of a son." ("Births," The Times 23 Feb. 1907, p. 1).
- Traits : Mind : Exceptional mind
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Terminal attack)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Hard-drinking)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Benzedrine addict)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Chester Kallman)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Awards : Pulitzer prize (Poetry)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection