|Birthname||Sean Patrick Astin|
|born on||25 February 1971 at 18:32 (= 6:32 PM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°51' 16°44 Asc. 17°12'|
American screen actor, voice actor, director and producer, whose notable acting roles include Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003), Mikey Walsh in The Goonies (1985), Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger in Rudy (1993), and Bob Newby in the second season of Stranger Things (2017).
Astin is the son of actress Patty Duke (1946–2016). At the time of his birth, it was erroneously reported that entertainer Desi Arnaz Jr. was his biological father. When Michael Tell, a writer, music promoter and publisher of the newspaper The Las Vegas Israelite, came to sublet her apartment and offered to marry her as a way out of the scandal, Duke agreed. The marriage lasted only 13 days in 1970, and ended long before Astin was born. On 5 August 1972, Duke married actor John Astin, after having been in a relationship with him for two years. Astin subsequently adopted Sean. In 1973, Duke gave birth to Astin's brother, Mackenzie Astin, who also became an actor. Duke and John Astin divorced in 1985.
When Astin was 14, Duke told him that Arnaz was his father, and the two developed a relationship. However, Astin eventually underwent genetic tests which showed Tell was his biological father.
In 2004, Astin released There and Back Again, a memoir (co-written with Joe Layden) of his film career with emphasis on his experiences during production of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Astin married Christine Harrell on 11 July 1992, and the couple has three daughters, Alexandra (b. 27 November 1996), Elizabeth (b. 6 August 2002) and Isabella (b. 22 July 2005).
- child->parent relationship with Duke, Patty (born 14 December 1946)
- sibling relationship with Astin, Mackenzie (born 12 May 1973). Notes: Half-siblings, same mother
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1993 (moviie "Rudy")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 27 November 1996 (Daughter Alexandra)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 6 August 2002 (Daughter Elizabeth)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2004 (Memoir "There and Back Again")
PT quotes birth certificate in hand; in the CA index, he is listed as Sean Duke, but the birth certificate received from Sacramento gives adopted name of Astin.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three daughters)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, video games)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer