|Birthname||Mackenzie Alexander Astin|
|born on||12 May 1973 at 11:52 (= 11:52 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||21°54' 01°47 Asc. 14°16'|
American actor from a noted family, the son of actress Patty Duke and actor John Astin. He had a three-year run on the '80s sitcom "The Facts of Life," after which he returned to finish high school with plans for journalism. At 23, he has scored parts in two recent movies, "In Love and War," and in "The Evening Star," both in 1997. He made his leading man debut in "Dream for an Insomniac."
Off the set, he shared a West Los Angeles home with two buddies and a couple of cats, keeping in touch with his parents who divorced in 1985.
On 19 March 2001, Astin made his debut in the short-lived TV series, "First Years," playing a gay lawyer. He took no issue with playing a homosexual character; however, Astin would not take the role of a criminal or murderer as it would conflict with his anti-violent Buddhist beliefs.
- associate relationship with Fields, Kim (born 12 May 1969). Notes: co-stars on "The Facts of Life"
- child->parent relationship with Duke, Patty (born 14 December 1946)
- sibling relationship with Astin, Sean (born 25 February 1971). Notes: Half-siblings, same mother
- Work : New Career 1980 (Sitcom " The Facts Of Life")
- Family : Parents divorced 1985
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Both parents)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (1985)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Cats)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Lives with two buddies)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Buddhist)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Facts of Life" for three years)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection