|Birthname||Ashdown, Jeremy John Durham|
|born on||27 February 1941 at 16:30 (= 4:30 PM )|
|Place||New Delhi, India, 28n36, 77e12|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°28' 23°29 Asc. 15°42'|
British politician and diplomat who served as Leader of the Liberal Democrats from 1988 to 1999. He received international recognition for his role in Bosnia–Herzegovina as its High Representative from 2002 to 2006, following his vigorous lobbying for military action against Yugoslavia in the 1990s.
After serving as a Royal Marine and Special Boat Service officer and as an intelligence officer in the UK security services, Ashdown was elected Member of Parliament for Yeovil in 1983, before retiring in 2001.
Ashdown received national recognition for his services by appointment as Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George (GCMG) in the 2006 New Year Honours and Member of the Order of the Companions of Honour (CH) in the 2015 New Year Honours.
A polyglot, Ashdown had an interpretership qualification in Mandarin and was fluent in several other languages.
Ashdown married Jane Courtenay in 1962. The couple had a son and daughter. Ashdown was diagnosed with bladder cancer in October 2018. He died on 22 December 2018, aged 77.
- associate relationship with Campbell, Menzies (born 22 May 1941)
- associate relationship with Kennedy, Charles Peter (born 25 November 1959). Notes: Kennedy succeeded Ashdown as Liberal Democrat Leader
- Relationship : Marriage 1962 (Jane Courtenay)
David Fisher quotes him from letter
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Bladder)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Bladder cancer)
- Vocation : Law : Spy/ Counter agent (SIS/ MI6)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Royal Marines)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Liberal Democrats)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Party leader)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Languages (Fluent in English, Mandarin and several other languages)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Leadership
- Notable : Awards : Public Service