|Birthname||Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas|
|born on||13 October 1980 at 13:32 (= 1:32 PM )|
|Place||Glen Cove, New York, 40n52, 73w38|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||20°32' 11°02 Asc. 09°18'|
American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer and actress. She was first discovered as a teenager and later signed to Murder Inc. in 2002. That year, she was featured on Fat Joe's "What’s Luv?" and Ja Rule's "Always on Time", both of which became two of the biggest hit songs of 2002; Ashanti became the first female artist to occupy the top two positions on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart simultaneously when "Foolish" and "What's Luv?" were at numbers one and two, respectively.
Aside from music, Ashanti has also acted in various productions. In 2005, she made her feature film debut in Coach Carter alongside Samuel L. Jackson, as well as starring as Dorothy Gale in the made-for-television film The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, which pulled in nearly 8 million viewers when it premiered. She has since appeared in the films John Tucker Must Die (2006) and Resident Evil: Extinction (2007).
Her mother, Tina Douglas, is a former dance teacher, and her father, Ken-Kaide Thomas Douglas, is a former singer. Her mother named her after the Ashanti Empire in Ghana; in this nation, women had power and influence, and Tina wanted her daughter to follow that model. Her grandfather, James, was a civil rights activist who associated with Martin Luther King, Jr. in the 1960s.
- associate relationship with Lopez, Jennifer (born 24 July 1969). Notes: collaborators
Kevin Cee sent a link to a TV interview, showing the family's birth announcement for their daughter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iorBtnutR1I&t=05m09s
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (concerts, performances, theatre)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (singer, songwriter)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (record producer)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy