Arthur, Chester A.
|Birthname||Chester Alan Arthur|
|born on||5 October 1829 at 06:08 (= 06:08 AM )|
|Place||Fairfield, Vermont, 44n48, 72w57|
|Timezone||LMT m72w57 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°56' 05°27 Asc. 12°04'|
American President of the US. 1881-85 after the death of James A. Garfield. Honest, efficient, dignified and elegant, Arthur was called "The Gentleman Boss." He formerly taught school a few years before becoming a lawyer in 1853. Arthur was a Republican delegate in 1860; State Officer; Custom House Collector; and Vice President.
Upon Garfield's death, he took the oath as President on 9/19/1881 and served for three years and five months.
Arthur married Ellen Lewis Herndon, the daughter of a military man in 1859; they had two sons and one daughter. He died of Bright's Disease on 11/18/1886, New York.
- business associate/partner relationship with Garfield, James (born 19 November 1831). Notes: Vice-President
- has other family relationship with Arthur, Gavin (born 21 March 1901). Notes: Grandson of president Arthur
D.C. Doane, "Horoscopes of U.S. Presidents." has 6:07 Fairfield, Virginia (Aunt said "sun-up").
Wikipedia and all other web resources accessed, including Fairfield VT town website, claim that he was born there. The ADB entry has been changed accordingly by atr on 28-may-2012. Time was modified slightly to keep the Sun above horizon.
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (Called a Gentleman)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (27 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Secondary)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Since 1853)
- Vocation : Politics : U.S. Presidents